October 6th, 2013.
That was the day I made the decision to follow Danielle Fishel AKA Topanga Lawrence from Boy Meets World on Twitter.
The process came with a lot of emotions and feelings that I had to confront. It started with “Maybe I should follow Topanga on Twitter.” Then there was “I’m about to follow Topanga on Twitter.” And finally, “Wow, I’m following Topanga on Twitter.”
I’m extremely excited about my decision to keep up with Topanga because as a human who breathed oxygen during the nineties, I’m a huge fan of Boy Meets World.
This is a new chapter of my life and moving forward these are a few things I expect to look forward to as a follower of Topanga:
- Constant updates on the status of Girl Meets World. It’s been 13 years since Boy Meets World went off the air. I’ll take any news I can get on the condition of the Matthews family. Pretty much anything she tweets about the show will probably put me in an exponentially better mood.
- Online interaction with other actors from Boy Meets World. About a month ago she tweeted this:
I knew they <3’ed each other in real life! Who do you think the 905th retweet was? This guy.
- Twitter beef with other nineties sitcom actresses. DJ from Full House, The Mowery twins from Sister Sister, Ashley Banks from Fresh Prince, Sabrina (The Teenage Witch), even Rachel from Friends….As far as I’m concerned, they’re all just competing for second place. Remind me which one is reprising her role by popular demand? I expect Topanga to go full Kendrick Lamar on these chicks and remind everyone who the queen is.
- Returning the favor and following me back. A follow by Topanga would be the ultimate trump card. Sure, right now I’m an underachieving college graduate that still eats Frosted Flakes almost every morning, but if Topanga followed me on Twitter I’d be like the coolest guy I know. I’d at least be as cool as Jack Hunter.
- Twitter recommending other former cast members of Boy Meets World for me to follow. I’m especially excited for this part. Right now, to the left of my Twitter feed are the words “who to follow.” Under it are three accounts: Rider Strong (Shawn Hunter), Girl Meets World and Ben Savage (Corey Matthews). I can’t wait for it to start suggesting people like Minkus, Chet Hunter, Frankie the Enforcer (and his sidekick Joey) and Janitor Bud.
- Vines of weird interpretive dance poems:
It doesn’t have to be everyday or anything, Topanga, but if you can do something like that maybe every 10-14 days that would be great. I think it would help a lot of people to know that no matter what they are struggling with in life, Topanga is out there somewhere doing Topanga things.
Now all I can do is glue myself to my Twitter feed and wait for all of these things to come true. Anyone looking for the same experience, it’s as simple as clicking a button.